copy file - an endless story

Ernst M. Reicher e.reicher at aon.at
Wed Jan 2 03:45:01 EST 2002

Hi all,
I partial read the tread of "copy file" or put URL and so on....

I wonder why the MC-team made it so complicated...

in each operating system I know (its only MacOS, DOS and Windo(w)s) these kind of filemanipulations (copy, move, rename and delete) are the most basical ones...
MacOs and Windows its by dragging
but its similar to the basics in DOS
copy x to y
move x to y
rename x to y
delete x

Why couldn´t this be so in MC too

wouldn´t be something like that or similar sound logical - more logical than triing to copy a simple file by the for evereybody understandable command: put URL "binfile....." into URL bla bla bla????????

Regards,
          Ernst