POST not working in 2.4.1?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Jan 1 19:39:01 EST 2002

I have a script which works in 2.3.2 but not in 2.4.1

it posts a complete URI to a CGI on another server. The CGI check to see if
the file exists and returns true or false..

  start using stack "libURL"
  put tMonth &"/" &tFinalDateString&"/index.html" after tPastFile
  POST tPastFile to url "www.ourOtherServer.com/cgi-bin/exists.cgi"
  delete line 2 of it
  if it = "true" then
  ## build html links to that day in the past
  ## and post to today's page.

anyway... "it" is empty now under 2.4.1 even when the file exists... proven,
because I can run the same procedure in the same stack under 2.3.2 and get
"true" back for the same request..

So, how to implement POST now?

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org
www.HinduismToday.com, www.HimalayanAcademy.com,
www.Gurudeva.org, www.hindu.org

Read The Master Course Lesson of the Day at
http://www.gurudeva.org/lesson.shtml