Set the location of the cursor

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Tue Feb 26 13:47:00 EST 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 Rolf Kocherhans <rolfk at vetvir.unizh.ch> wrote:

> How can I set the location of the cursor under MacOS X ?
>
> What I use now is the screenMouseLoc but it only works under MacOS 9 !
>
> I need to be able to move the cursor under script control in MacOS X as well !
>
> Any ideas ?

There is unfortunately no support for this in the Carbon API, and so
you can't currently do it from within MetaCard.  There is a hack
available to work around this limitation, but it's pretty hairy and so
we haven't put it in.  We're going to be doing some experiments soon
that will establish whether it's practical to support this for 2.4.2.
Mean time, using an external is your only options (and because there
is no support for this in Carbon, writing an external to do it isn't
going to be easy either ;-)
  Regards,
    Scott