pc ontrolKey/mac commandkey

Jacqueline Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 24 02:07:01 EST 2002

On Saturday, February 23, 2002, at 07:02 PM, erik hansen wrote:

> my question (because i do not have a PC here) is:
> should people on macs just write <commandKeyDown
> theKey>  handlers which will translate to
> <controlKeyDown theKey> handlers for PC?

Yes, but not only on Macs. Use a commandKey handler on either plaform when
you want to trap Command on Mac and Control on PC.

> and use <controlKeyDown theKey> in mac only for
> personal utilities?

A controlKey handler does a similar translation, mapping to the Alt key on
Windows. On a Mac it will be sent when the user types a control-x key
combination; the same "controlkey" message will be sent on a PC when the
user types Alt-x.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com