Unique Macintosh Identification

H. Chaudet lhcp at acm.org
Fri Feb 22 08:51:01 EST 2002

>THis is slightly off-topic, but does anyone know how to uniquely =
>identify a Mac? We're trying to set up a specific install that works on =
>a set number of machines by getting a unique ID for the machine and =
>using it to verify that the machine is "licensed". This doesn't have to =
>specifically be through MetaCard (it could be AppleScript, XCMD, gestalt =
>selector, etc.).

There is also a serial number for the most recent machines (since
about 2 years) that can be displayed with the Apple system profiler.
I don't know how get it in a script.

H. Chaudet
Herve Chaudet                                          e-mail : lhcp at acm.org
   mobile : 33-(0)-608-05-98-09
  Unité UPRES EA 2672
   Faculte de Medecine - 27, Bd Jean Moulin - 13385 Marseille cedex 5 - France
       Tel 33-(0)-491-79-19-10 ; Fax 33-(0)-491-79-40-13
  Service de l'Information Medicale
   Hopital Nord - Chemin des Bourrelly - 13326 Marseille cedex 15 - France
       Tel 33-(0)-491-96-80-20