Strategies for two-byte char systems

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Thu Feb 14 18:24:00 EST 2002

I'm getting a lot of requests for being able to support two-byte language
systems like Japanese.

The only doc info I could find that's even remotely related is this, from
the Read Me:

> Functions uniEncode and uniDecode convert to and from the 16-bit
> Unicode character format used in Windows resources (and as the native
> string format in Java).  Implementation is limited to the converting
> strings in ISO-8859 character sets at this point, and only in the
> byte-order expected by little-endian processor architectures (Intel,
> Alpha, some MIPS).

Doesn't sound like it'll do what I need, which is to display Japanese
characters and to convert them to HTML.

Any clues? Or is this SOL for now?

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish any Database on Any Site