MetaCard 2.4.2 beta 1

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Feb 14 16:11:01 EST 2002

At 4:53 PM +0000 2/14/02, David Bovill wrote:
>> Holding down the control key (command key on MacOS) while
>> double-clicking on a stack now will start up MetaCard with the full
>> development environment if the engine can find it.
>
>Aww go-on - let us have it the other way around - maybe just an option? I
>know it's against your principles - but it's for the first time user type???

I don't speak for Scott, but the problem with having it the other way around is that it defeats the entire purpose of being able to run without the development environment -- you want cgis and the like to be able to launch fast and run tight, and they obviously can't press the control key when they run.

regards,

Geoff