Programs on CD

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Feb 14 13:54:01 EST 2002

At 10:39 AM -0500 2/14/02, Shari wrote:
>As CD's cannot write to themselves, and all of my programs write to themselves, saving user info in fields etc., I am assuming the only way to put a program on CD is to have it write all data to an external file on the user's hard disk.  So if a user is playing a game with high scores, the high score data is stored in a file on the HD, even if the program itself is on a CD.

I don't allow the user to run the program from the cd. The main (unchanging) data for the application can stay on the cd, but the actual application has to go to the hard drive. I don't have an installer, but it just involves dragging a single folder to the hard drive, and I haven't had any problems.

regards,

Geoff