MC2.4.2 beta 1 truncated text

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Feb 14 13:52:01 EST 2002

At 12:10 PM +0100 2/14/02, eugen helbling wrote:
>> > When the a field has a vertical grid, text is now truncated within a
>> > "cell" rather than being pushed off to the next tab stop location.
>
>just tried to setup a textfield to check this new behavior but do not see
>any changes to the last version.
>Which properties do I have to set?

You have to set the tabStops. The default won't truncate.

I'd like to suggest that the truncation behavior be optional. Perhaps a property of the field, tabStopsTruncate, or tabStopsTruncation.

Also, anyone interested in this feature should take a look at text selection when text is truncated. There are some tricky UI decisions that need to be made regarding how text that is truncated reacts to being selected, and it would be good to get this right from the beginning.

regards,

Geoff