Programs on CD

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 14 12:17:00 EST 2002

With my nifty new CD burner I can now put software on CD, not just
online downloads.  Which leads to a problemo...

As CD's cannot write to themselves, and all of my programs write to
themselves, saving user info in fields etc., I am assuming the only
way to put a program on CD is to have it write all data to an
external file on the user's hard disk.  So if a user is playing a
game with high scores, the high score data is stored in a file on the
HD, even if the program itself is on a CD.

But assuming anything is always a bad idea, so I'd like to know how
others are handling this, if differently.

Perhaps the CD would just have an installer to install the program
onto their hard drive?  Hmm....

Thoughts, anyone?

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--