CGI / Binary Read

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Feb 5 16:54:00 EST 2002

Yennie at aol.com a écrit :

> << But how do you upload them? >>
>
> Oh, right =). I forgot the list members aren't telepathic!
> I'm just using a plain ol' HTML form with Internet Explorer. That is ("["
> substituted in my HTML so it doesn't jumble email readers):
>
> [FORM ENCTYPE='multipart/form-data' ACCEPT="image/gif, image/jpeg"
> METHOD=POST]
> [INPUT TYPE=FILE]
> [INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT]
>
> Just the simplest of HTML file upload forms.
> But no matter what I tinker with, I seem to get an unreasonable
> content-length and nothing to read. Maybe it's an apache/cgi issue?
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

There is, effectively, a small trouble with the mc 2.32 "POST"s headers
(not seen, for yet, if the problem is solved in mc 2.4.x). Trey the way
i use to catch it, successfully :

>> on PostedbyMC
>>  global DBParsed
>>  put "test1=1&test2=2&test3=3&test4=4" into DBParsed
>>  repeat 22
>>    put "z" after DBParsed
>>  end repeat
>>  set httpheaders to "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" & cr & "Content-Length:" && the length of DBParsed & cr & cr # Apache :needed ; IIS : unneeded
>>  post DBParsed to url "http://localhost/wmc4.xml"
>>  put line 3 of it into DBParsed
>>  answer DBParsed
>> end PostedbyMC

See the "wmc4.xml" .php script attachement, forgotten in the previous
mail...

Best Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage compétitif