SampleDraw challenge

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Sat Feb 2 14:28:01 EST 2002

Sjoerd Op 't Land wrote:

> Karl Becker wrote/ schreef:
>
>>> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>> Also:  Is there a way to interactively edit points of a polygon graphic?
>>
>> You can always set the points of graphic "whatever" to a return
>> delimited "x,y" list.  However, to actually edit the points, you'd
>> need to come up with a workaround.  I suppose you could find the x,y
>> value that the user clicked, find what point it's nearest to on the
>> graphic, and then just set that graphic point to the mouseLoc.
>>
>> That may not have sounded the greatest...
> Mmmm, maybe try to make somthing as seen in Office: Make a tool 'Change
> points', which when selected shows the points of a polygon (with a marker)
> and enables the user to drag that points around. When clicked, the user
> returns to the arrow tool.

Sounds potentially rather brittle, but if there's no alternative at the
moment we may simply have no choice.

Scott:  Any chance we could see an editPoints property not too far down the
road?

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish any Database on Any Site