metacard stack access

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Sat Feb 2 14:26:01 EST 2002

MMessieh at aol.com wrote:

> How can I directly share/view my metacard stack on the net?

Put it on your server.  Check out the Tools->tools.metacard.com menu item in
MetaCard.

> I want to organize notes and multimedia in a stack, turn file sharing on with
> my personal computer web server and people can view my stack like they view a
> web page with a browser. Converting MC to html for publication on the web(
> like you can with powerpoint) seems inefficient, to me. Is'nt MC  a more
> robust/versatile application compared to powerpoint for web publication?

Ah, do you mean downloading and running a la tools.metacard.com, or do you
mean running inside the browser window via a plugin.

If the latter, there's no plugin at the moment so that's just not possible
at this time.

But if download-n-go would work, after you've tried tools.metacard.com you
may want to take a gander at this article on the benefits of network
applications outside the browser:

<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/NetApps.html>

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish any Database on Any Site