metacard digest, Vol 1 #83 - 4 msgs

Serge Grenier stg at netconnexion.ca
Sat Feb 2 04:44:00 EST 2002

> Has anyone had luck talking out the serial ports on newer macs using any
> of the USB to Serial boxes? if so, which models did or didnt work for you
> and were there any software workarounds you  might have to do? have an
> application that talks to a dvd player written for the pc and was curious
> if the serial converters would work on the mac.

I used the box from Belkin to connect a serial printer
to the USB port of an iMac computer
and then used an external made by Troi
to enable FileMaker to talk to the printer.

And it worked.

Now I need to find another external
to transpose the French accented characters
from the Macintosh character set
to the ASCII French National variation
on the fly as the data is sent to the printer...

Serge Grenier