[ANN] RevNet launched

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 31 02:54:01 EST 2002

Scott Rossi wrote:

> Hey Don Gaskin, got your email and I think I figured out what the problem
> with RevNet is: I believe revGoURL is a Rev-only command and I'm using
> MetaCard.  I don't believe the MC folks included revGoURL as a synonym in
> MC, unless you know something I don't.  Or, perhaps you designed RevNet to
> be Revolution-compatible only and I didn't catch it.  That would explain a
> lot...

I'll answer here since this may be of interest to other RevNet users:

The revGoURL handler, and its two necessary support handlers, are copied
into the backscript that "Go RevNet" inserts.

FWIW, the only issues reported have been in Rev, not in MC or running
without the IDE in either Rev or MC, Mac or Win (I wanted it to be runnable
by double-clicking it if desired).

Also, all three of the people who've reported issues are power users -- I
know a lot of reative newbies running without difficulty.

It may also be a conflict with libURL -- make sure you have the latest
(1.0.8).  You can get it through RevNet's Stacks index, or from the Web site
at
<http://www.RunRev.com/revolution/developers/interimreleases/liburl/releases
.shtml>.

RevNet includes a copy of libUrl 1.0.8, renamed as revLibURL in an attemot
to avoid conflicts.  But now that I think about it, I wonder if it might be
possible that some handlers are being triggered in one lib and other
handlers in the other lib, thereby having two sets of values in the
script-local vars used extensively throught the library.  But given MC's
description of how it handles load order for libs, that shouldn't be the
problem either....