Player and Field

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 25 12:04:01 EST 2002

On 12/25/02 7:36 AM, Vikram Singh wrote:
> I try typing a sentence in a field; the card also has a player. On pressing
> the Space Bar the player starts/stops. Is there a way to avoid this.

This is one of the built-in behaviors of QuickTime. There are a lot of
other keys that activate various behaviors too, which allow a player
object to be controlled from the keyboard. In one of my stacks, this was
a big advantage and I appreciated the flexibility it gave my users.

It only works, though, if the focus is on the player. If you change the
focus to some other object, keystrokes are directed to that object
instead and the keyboard should behave normally. You can use the "focus"
command to switch focus to something else.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com