Web-Dedicated Metacard

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Dec 24 00:02:01 EST 2002

On Monday, December 23, 2002, at 05:47 PM, andu wrote:

> <snip>
>
>> What's being
>> proposed here is a responsible security concern, IMHO.

> What's being
> proposed here is a responsible security concern, IMHO.

Ken,

I am embarrassingly naive about these issues. when you say "responsible
security concern" What do you mean? How is this any different security
wise, than distribution of the Supercard Player  (which we knew and
loved) of the past? If  my SC project wanted to read and write file and
"do stuff" with that player, nothing was there to stop it. Is it just
the auto boot from a web page we are concerned about?

Sivakatirswami