Moving Resources (LibURL)

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 17:00:01 EST 2002

At 9:30 pm -0500 22/12/02, John Kiltinen wrote:
<snip>

>The problem is that in the conversion to the new version of MetaCard, as I
>understand it, is that the handling of Internet functionality has been
>taken over by the libURL system.  In order to incorporate this funcionality
>into my program, I think that I should delete resources from my stack with
>Resource Mover, and then add them back again. However when I do this, many
>other details in the package break down.

I'm not sure whether you need to delete any resources when going from
2.3.2 to 2.4.3. But you will need to add libUrl when building the
standalone for 2.4.3. Also, somewhere in your stack (in preOpenStack
is probably a good place) you must include the following line:

start using "libUrl"

>Is there a solution to this problem?  Have I given enough information to
>make it clear?  In case not, here is the script for my registration routine
>that uses the "post" command, taken from a button that the user presses
>after filling in a form:

<snip>

>   try
>     post postThisNow to url "http://math.nmu.edu/~registrar/post.cgi"
>   catch errornum
>     answer "Error number" && errornum && "in attempt to send your data."
>     exit mouseUp

A smaller point, and probably not related to your script not working,
but after the "post" command you should check "the result".

   try
     post postThisNow to url "http://math.nmu.edu/~registrar/post.cgi"
     if the result is not empty then throw the result
   catch errornum
     answer "Error number" && errornum && "in attempt to send your data."
    exit mouseUp

Cheers
Dave