Creating thumbnail of graphic objects?

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sun Dec 22 13:03:00 EST 2002

How could I go about creating a thumbnail - either an image or actual
shrunk down graphic objects - of a group of graphic objects?  I have
lots of them that are all big, and I want to shrink them down and
display an overview of the entire document in a corner of the screen,
like the Navigator in Adobe applications.

I know how to proportionally shrink one graphic object, but how to do
it for a huge number of them, all with unique locations in relationship
to each other?

In other words, help me make a thumbnail of a group.

Thanks,
Karl