MC front end to PostgreSQL

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Dec 19 19:24:02 EST 2002

andu wrote:

> --On Thursday, December 19, 2002 10:42:11 -0800 Scott Rossi
> <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:
>
> > IMO, HTML has evolved; look at all the spinoffs: DHTML, XML, SMIL, etc.
> > The bigger problem is (lack of) standards.
>
> You just  mentioned a few, the even bigger problem seems to be sticking to
> just one ;-).
>
> > No doubt we are moving that
> > direction with HTML specs, etc, but it's interesting to note that free
> > competition has worked to our disadvantage in this area:  while each
> > browser technology attempts to out-feature the other, developers are left
> > having to create workarounds to make their pages accessible everywhere.
> > The original promise of the Web (write once, read anywhere) has been
> > grossly unfulfilled and even undermined by competition.
>
> Exactly my point, competition is about money and power not quality.

Agreed and along that, my clients have'nt to care about the details that
make, for example, them unable to post data to the servers because the
misconfigured browser, because the forgotten password,... that make them
unable to print "readables" reports from the web pages (even when i
offer to them the htmldoc online utility that let them display on the
fly the webpages as PDF outputs). Because my master clients don't want
to let the reports writers spend to much time in web datas reporting
tasks, they are ok to pay to have the best doables tools even if
Netscape or Explorer have to be replaced by fine "home-made" web
conectables multimedia front-ends.