MC front end to PostgreSQL

andu undo at cloud9.net
Thu Dec 19 12:11:01 EST 2002

--On Thursday, December 19, 2002 16:49:34 +0100 Pierre Sahores
<psahores at easynet.fr> wrote:

> andu a écrit :
>>
>> --On Thursday, December 19, 2002 15:00:53 +0100 Pierre Sahores
>> <psahores at easynet.fr> wrote:
>>
>> > Did you try Opera 5 (Andu said, previously, that Opera 6 linux is
>> > bugged) or, else Mozilla, whoses works fine there on both Linux and
>> > Jaguar ?
>>
>> When it comes to browsers they should be considered bugged when they
>> work... I'd like to understand why people use javascript when they can
>> do with plain html.
>
> Allo Andu,
>
> I agree with you. Most browser-side problems are happening in parsing
> .js code. Do you have a way you use to manage "<select><option>..." tags
> conditional selections in plain html ? if yes, i would realy be
> intersted in learning the method you use.

If you are referring to checking the password length and such I do that
server side by  good old reliable Metacard, the first lines check the
posted data for accuracy before processing it and "puts" an error message
when appropriate. It only take a second or 2 more, besides it's always a
good practice to have a little text letting the user know what the
restrictions are. It may seem more cumbersome but it's browser safe.