MC front end to PostgreSQL

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Dec 19 11:59:01 EST 2002

Recently, andu wrote:

> I'd like to understand why people use javascript when they can do with
> plain html.

Speaking for myself, Javascript allows me to script interactivity that is
not possible with straight HTML: functions, variables, image management,
etc.  The biggest issue to deal with is consistent (or inconsistent as it
were) support of the language across browsers/versions/platforms.  I've
built some fairly complex Javascripts myself and after wrestling with these
issues, it seems to me that Flash is really the way to go: a self-contained
environment that runs fairly consistently across most
browsers/versions/platforms.  Granted, Flash support may be absent on some
platforms/browsers, but if your goal is absolute accessibility everywhere,
you're pretty much limited to HTML images and text -- kind of like when the
Web browser was first introduced. :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director