b bit icon in standalones

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 13 12:54:01 EST 2002

On 12/13/02 11:06 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

> I meant: has someone succesfully replaced the 4 bit MC icon
> of a standalone with another 8 bit icon.
>
> If yes, how ? What icon-editor can do this ?

I would also love to be able to do this, but so far I haven't found a
way. MC only allows enough space in the file itself for a 4-bit icon. I
have seen some Windows programs that have separate .ico files in their
folders and presumably the application is using that icon, but I don't
know how it is done (a registry entry, maybe?) I asked once if MC could
be updated to allow 8-bit icons, because that's really the standard
these days, but apparently it would require too many changes to the MC
file format to be practical. I have some beautiful Mac icons for my apps
that I can't use in Windows, which is a shame. If anyone knows whether a
registry setting would allow the use of 8-bit icons, I'd very much like
some instructions.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com