associative arrays

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Dec 13 09:56:01 EST 2002

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 02:47 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> However, I need to pass it as an argument to a function that is
> dynamically defined and executed through do.
>
> put webArg into fName -- let's say webArg = somfunction
>
> do "get" && fName & "(" & myArray & ")"
>
> function somfunction myArray
> return myArray[key]
> end somfunction
>
> In somfunction, the associative array give empty values for key and
> array elements.

I have seen other limitations.  I can return an array from a function
and pass an array as a parameter but not both in the same expression as
in somFunction(buildArray()).

I have been successful in this:
do "someHandler a b c"
where c is a handler local variable containing an array.

You may want to experiment with value().

I hope you mention how you solve this.

Dar Scott
(a Revolution user sitting in the back row)