MC 2.5 Script editor

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Dec 13 05:46:01 EST 2002

Herve,

My home stack script is over 1600 lines of script (40Kb) and it takes 30
seconds to open
A 5000+ line script im working on (huge!!!) takes 2 minutes; 30 seconds
without color - time to index the script elements... I'll add an option to
skip this too...

That's on a slow NT metaframe with 2 400MHz pentium IIs and 1 GB of ram.
I will check the coloring script cause it seems slow...

So I confirm that it is the coloring script that takes the time...
But it's the same script as MC's script editor but with more colors
and more words to make the coloring more accurate...

To turn it off, it's the same thing as the standard script editor...
The preferences is only there to change the colors...

Of course if I dont get comments regarding problems, I can't guess there's
one.
I'd also recommend sending me the problem report instead of to the list...
Please send the reports to x at monsieurx.com and not this email cause it's
work only...

Missing Preferences:
Did you install the last version of the script editor? 1.1.3? Previous
installers had a few problems.
I also recommend using the "delete instead of rename" option button in the
installer to upgrade.
Last but not least, try not to install elsewhere than MCTools (the default)
because it may cause problems for the uninstaller... Next installer should
resolve external installations and version control.

keep the faith!
Xa