getting into the url cache

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 12 20:28:01 EST 2002

Monte Goulding wrote:

> It may be a problem on the compression side. I use a compressed stack as a
> custom file format for one of my apps and I use:
>
> -- saving
> save stack tName as pSave
> put compress(url ("binfile:"&pSave)) into url ("binfile:"&pSave)
> -- opening
> put decompress(url ("binfile:"&tOpen)) into tStack
> go stack tStack
>
> I was having errors like to ones you said until I started treating the stack
> as a binary file and the compressed data as binary.

I appreciate your chiming in here, Monte.  I'll double-check my code, but
the implications of your presumably functioning code example above are quite
a change to my understanding of things:  I can use raw data (from a valid
stack file, of course) instead of a stack descriptor with the "go stack"
command?  Hmmm....