MC 2.5 Script editor

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Dec 12 15:33:00 EST 2002

Personally, I like the approach that programs like Flash, Visual Basic and
Homesite do - you type a word as part of the command, hit space, and a
dropdown menu with the available options appears with none of the items in
the menu highlighted. You can continue to type (doing so removes the popup),
or you can use the up/down arrows to navigate the dropdown menu. As soon as
you type the first down-arrow key, the first entry in the dropdown is
highlighted; after that, you can type characters to jump to an entry, or
continue using the arrow keys to find the item you want. Type Tab (or Enter,
depending on the program) and it inserts it for you with the insertion point
in the proper spot ready to continue typing.

So for example, to do an "on openbackground", you'd type:

  (space) [dropdown appears]
  (down arrow) [highlights first item in the list - probably "arrowkey"]
  o [jumps to "openbackground"]
  (enter) [puts in "openbackground " after "on "

If you ever want to bail on the dropdown, you can hit Escape, and it will
disappear.

It's really cool...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software