Valentina

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Dec 4 12:10:00 EST 2002

>on 12/3/02 11:58 PM, andu at undo at cloud9.net wrote:
>
>>  I used it in the past and it's a fine complex product, the learning curve
>>  is also "complex".
>
>Hi MetaCard List,
>
>Just in contrast to words of Andu.
>
>Just only I have got this letter from Lars.  :-)
>
>So it looks "complexity" and "simplicity" is very subjective,
>And probably depends on experience of developer.

Let me chime in that there are two different aspects of using
valentina, each with its own level of complexity and learning curve.

1. Using valentina as a database engine in metacard -- quite easy and
not much to learn

2. designing and maintaining databases, particularly when taking full
advantage of relational features -- that can be easy or a can of
warms depending on your background and experience. But many issues
here have little to do with Valentina per se.

Robert Brenstein (who is on both MC and valentina lists)