metacard positioning of objects when window resizes

Rodney Tamblyn rtamblyn at xtra.co.nz
Tue Dec 3 23:14:00 EST 2002

I'm coming back to Metacard programming after spending some time
recently in Project Builder and Interface Builder on some other
projects.

In Interface Builder when you create an object (button, field etc)  one
of the properties you can set controls how the position of that object
is dynamically adjusted when the window is resized.  For example, you
can specify that the topleft of a field should stay the same, but that
the bottomright should scale when the window is scaled.  It seems to me
that having a similar capability in Metacard would be useful.

At present (correct me if I'm wrong) you would need to calculate and
adjust the size/position of objects using code, and then apply.

Rodney