More CGI Stuff

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Sat Aug 31 20:53:01 EDT 2002

Which is very cool stuff!

I just want to point out one difference that I'm trying to obtain, however:
*multiple* long running processes with shared memory, and everything done
with Metacard! =).

Since I want most of the work to happen in Metacard, its not as valuable if I
can only maintain one Metacard process- then the server can only handle one
connection at a time. And simply launching multiple copies of say,
MetacardCarbon, works- but its a major memory hog. Thus I'm trying to work
with scripts, rather than GUI processes. I can spawn 20 long running scripts
and it barely requires more memory than 1!

Of course- PHP is still an option with multiple Metcard processes doing the
work, its just one more language to throw into the mix.

Brian