Update Mac menubar

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 31 17:49:01 EDT 2002

On 8/31/02 3:18 PM, Shari wrote:

> I put a handler in called updateMenus to run when moving to a card that
> changes the menubar.
>
> The gist of it is to suspend the stack, and then resume it.  And it does
> work.  The menubar does update.

No need to do it that way though. I just set up a test:

1. Created a new, 2-card stack and built 2 different menu bar groups.
Named one group "menus1" and the other "menus2".
2. Placed group "menus1" on the first card in the menu bar position.
3. Placed group "menus2" on the second card in the menu bar position.
4. Put this into the stack script:

  on preopencard
   put "menus" & the number of this cd into theMnuGrp
   set the defaultmenubar to theMnuGrp
  end preopencard

Now paging from one card to the next updates the menu instantly.

You don't need to test whether you are on a Mac or not, because
"defaultmenubar" does nothing if the platform is not Mac.

By the way, regarding your other script, "lock screen" works the same
way as it does in HyperCard -- it really just locks the topmost window.
As far as I know, there's no way to lock the entire monitor screen (and
it would probably violate HIG if there was.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com