More CGI Stuff

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Fri Aug 30 22:35:01 EDT 2002

> Okay, I ask because for
>
>     MC Classic we have use XFCN
>     MC Carbon have use CODE resource
>     MC Mach-o use bundle
>
> So does this means that externals based on CODE resource have die ?

Yes- for 2.4.3 and up on X. MC Classic can still use them in 2.4.3, we just
have chosen XFCN for Supercard/Hypercard compatability.

> > FWIW, there is also a Darwin engine on X.
>
> What you mean ?  MetaCard.app ?

No- the Darwin version is separate. It is X11-based command line tool. You
can run scripts from Terminal, or if you install XDarwin you can run
graphically using X11.

This build comes from the same source as the other half dozen or so UNIX
builds.

If you got Valentina working with this, you would be very close to supporting
other UNIX platforms for VXCMD. We could probably do this with the mach-o
".a" library for Valentina now.

Brian