Recursion

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 29 20:47:00 EDT 2002

> Is there any way to turn recursion errors off?  So that they don't
> halt a handler?
>
> Shari

The recursion limit problem can be avoided if you don't use functions
and instead use handlers that call themselves and each other by using
something like "send myHandler to me in 10 ticks", returning values via
custom props and globals.  The calling handler ends normally and the "send"
message gets added to the pending messages.  I have a project* with handlers
calling themselves and others that appear to run endlessly, or at least
until my patience runs out.

Rich Herz
herz at ucsd.edu

*e.g., Div 3 Lab 4, and Div 5 Labs 3 and 4 of the Reactor Lab downloadable
from www.ReactorLab.net