User Settings on MacOS

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Aug 28 15:29:01 EDT 2002

Does anyone know where users' system configuration settings are stored on
MacOS?  Specifically I'm looking to find the user's language and locale
settings in OSX and OS9.  I've spent the last couple of days pouring through
Apple's online documentation and have found veiled references to something
called NetInfo with an apparent database that maintains the above settings,
and an app called NetInfo Manager that reads a number of these settings.
But I've found nothing that explicitly says "This is where the user's
settings are stored."  If anyone can offer a suggestion as to how to get
this info, you will save at least one Mac from being thrown through a plate
glass window.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director