MC CGI - What can't I do?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 27 14:50:55 EDT 2002

David Bovill wrote:

>> --On Monday, August 26, 2002 21:21:49 -0700 Richard Gaskin
>> <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> - paint tools do not generate an error:
>> choose brush tool
>> set the brushcolor to blue
>> drag from 60,60 to 80,80
>> select img 1 of stack "tmp/formdata.mc"
>> export png to file "myimg.png"
>
> Have you tried accesing the image data directly using 2.4 features - my
> guess is that would work?

I thought about it, but at that point I'd be recreating a combination of
MC's graphics routines and OS graphics routines in MetaTalk.  Likely slow,
and certainly more than I'd want to chew off:  who wants to calculate curves
in imagedata?

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 2.0: Publish any Database on Any Site