Demo stack not working in Linux

andu undo at cloud9.net
Tue Aug 27 12:32:01 EDT 2002

--On Tuesday, August 27, 2002 17:07:14 +0000 David Bovill
<david.bovill at opn-technologies.com> wrote:

> Anyone use any others that work well for them... I'm looking for
> something lean and fast that I can customize to make standalone machines
> out of?

I use Fluxbox as wm which is as lean and fast as it can get (makes you feel
really sorry for kde users;-). The windows looks and behavior can also be
customized easily. For desktop I use Rox which uses gtk (I stayed away from
gtk 2.x since I got tired of updating zillions of libraries and it doesn't
really bring something new). The combination of Fluxbox and Rox is as fast
and small and stable as it can get and you get all the features you
actually need plus more.