MC CGI - What can't I do?

andu undo at cloud9.net
Mon Aug 26 20:23:01 EDT 2002

--On Monday, August 26, 2002 15:04:35 -0700 Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> I've foound that MC as a CGI will let me create stack files on the serber
> and use their custom props for data storage.  Way cool.
>
> This has me thinking:  just whar can't I do faceless on a server?
>
> For example, I know I can't take screen shots, but can I paint and export
> JPEGs?
>
> What general restrictions apply when running MC as a CGI?

I didn't figure them all out but I would assume anything having to do with
the visual or audio for that matter are off limits to mt scripts since they
most likely need libraries which are not available in this state.
Also any reference to stacks ("...this stack", cards, custom properties
etc.) are off limits.