slighty OT (and slighty stupid) : triggering events

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun Aug 25 06:34:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

IPV6 will do us able to build such kind of apps but i have never
experimented that for yet.

The only way i know to simulate this kind of stuffs under IPV4 is to use
the server-side cgi or app to store some parameters in a server-side
file witch can be tested by a "on-idle" alike command working on the
client-side app. I never tested this successfully before in using a
web-based app nor cgi-scripts but i got the expected good results in
using this method to build a VPN on-line networked game app.

jbv wrote:

>Hi all again,
>
>We all know how to trigger some action on a server
>by sending a cgi request with the POST or GET
>commands.
>
>But is the opposite possible ?
>I mean : everytime a cgi script is triggered on a server,
>how can that script trigger some action in an MC standalone
>running on a PC connected to the net ?
>Can the server script send a request to the IP of the PC ?
>
>(i told you it was a silly question somehow...)
>
>Thanks,
>JB

Regards, Pierre Sahores