hide/show menu buttons

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 23 17:44:01 EDT 2002

I have a main menubar on each card (background), works perfectly
except for one thing.

I want to hide/show menu buttons when entering a card.

on preOpenCard
   show btn "Options"
   hide btn "Strategies"
   hide btn "High Scores"
end preOpenCard

This works when editMenus are true and the Windows version of the
menu updates perfectly.  But when editMenus are off, the Mac menubar
does not update to reflect the changes.

I've tried lock menus and unlock menus both before and after
updating.  I've tried moving the hide/show buttons into the openCard
handler with lock and unlock menus.

The menu will not update until I click on one of the Metacard stacks,
home, tools, etc., and then click back into my stack.

I do not want to enable/disable.  I want to show/hide.

I've scoured the archives and every help resource I know of.  So far, no luck.

How do I get the Mac menubar to update without clicking outside the
window?  From within the script?

Anybody?

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--