Demo stack not working in Linux

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Aug 23 05:18:01 EDT 2002

Alejandro Diaz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've been downloading MetaCard to keep in touch with the developments of
> this superb program. However, I've been noticing that from some releases
> until the current one I can't use the "Demo" stack. When invoked, the
> screen turns black and I can hear the sound of the avi file, but no image
> is shown. (Yes, I could see the movie using xanim). After the intro movie
> is finished, the display still is totally black, and the demo does not
> receive mouse inputs. The only way to get out is to kill the app to
> restore the display.
>
> Does anyone has noticed/solved this behavior? I notice it in all
> the recent releases of MetaCard in SuSE Linux 7.1, 7.3 and 8.0.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I got the same results on my own Suse 6 to 8 boxes. I did'nt sarch in
about solving the problems but it has probably to do with the paths in
witch the demo stack is searching the pictures and others add-ones ?

--
Best Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage compétitif