Modulate sound frequency

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Fri Aug 23 00:35:01 EDT 2002

When a ball launches into the air and falls down to the ground, I want a
high pitched whine to change frequency with its movement (like how a
cannonball or a bomb will make a wheeeeeeeeeeee sound as its falling,
before the BOOM!).  How could I generate this with a single long sound
in MetaCard?  How can I change the frequency, or change the note, of a
sound?

My idea is to set the playRate of a movie object to different rates,
because I know the QuickTime Player changes the frequency of sound when
fast-forwarding through certain types of .mov files.  I think they're
encoded in Sorenson, but I'm not sure.
--
Karl Becker, KB Productions
http://www.karlbecker.com