Demo stack not working in Linux

Alejandro Diaz astroboy at linuxfreemail.com
Thu Aug 22 19:53:01 EDT 2002

Hi.

I've been downloading MetaCard to keep in touch with the developments of
this superb program. However, I've been noticing that from some releases
until the current one I can't use the "Demo" stack. When invoked, the
screen turns black and I can hear the sound of the avi file, but no image
is shown. (Yes, I could see the movie using xanim). After the intro movie
is finished, the display still is totally black, and the demo does not
receive mouse inputs. The only way to get out is to kill the app to
restore the display.

Does anyone has noticed/solved this behavior? I notice it in all
the recent releases of MetaCard in SuSE Linux 7.1, 7.3 and 8.0.

Thanks in advance.