strategy for multiuser-networkstack

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Aug 22 07:54:01 EDT 2002

"Ernst M. Reicher" wrote:

> Hi listmembers,
> is there a recommended strategy for a multiuser-networkstack??
>
> I want to write a stack to which multiple users can add lines in a field and
> each lione starts with dateTime
> Each user has a UI-stack and makes access to the mainstack on the server...
> ????
>
> Regards,
>           Ernst

If i had to do this kind of client-server stuff, i would prefer to put
an ".mt" cgi script or an ".mc" stack-based app behind an Apache,
WebStar or IIS web server. If you let the web-server handle this part of
the job, you will only have to focus on how to manage the write and read
access locking priorities to your db stack to complete your project.
--
Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage compétitif