OT But Related - Get Source of a URL

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Aug 15 20:41:01 EDT 2002

In MetaCard we have the ability to put a url into a container, such as:

  put url "http://www.mypage.com/index.html" into fld 1

...and we see the source of the file in field 1.

Anyone know of an equivalent way to do this using Javascript?

I've already dug up several references similar to the following but
unfortunately they seem to fail in IE Mac:

  <script language="javascript">
  function viewsource() {
    window.location = "view-source:" + window.location;
  }
  </script>

Just wondering if anyone knows of some script that would allow me to read
the source code of HTML page into a variable, instead of physically
displaying the page in the browser.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director