MC and openGL

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Wed Aug 14 15:08:01 EDT 2002

> Well hot soup, that sounds like some good stuff.
>
> Screenshots, examples, anything would be interesting to see.  Is the
> speed really acceptable, and is it drawing this directly in a
> MetaCard window?

I'm somewhat more than busy right now finishing a couple of
CD-ROMs, and the guy with whom I'm working on this external
thingie is off for 2 weeks of vacation... So the project is on the shelf

right now, but we are planing to post a basic example in early sept.

In a few words : speed is really acceptable (at least with the simple
openGL code we've used in our tests so far), and if you get a 3D
accelerator board, it's openGL at its best...
What we are planing to do as soon as we can get back to the project,
is to optimize initializations so that it doesn't slow down execution.
The external is actually drawing inside a MC image, but of course
it is possible to resize the stack full screen, and the img as well...

> >  Hi JB (Jim Beam James Brown Jim Bo ? ;-)
>
> I'm guessing it's a girl, a very beautiful one at that, who is this
> JB, since she's being such a tease  ;-)

Well, I'm actually a bolding guy in his 40's - but everybody
(friends, colleagues, ex-girfriends...) have been calling me JB
for the last 30 years, so why change anything ?

JB (grin)