Pulldown Hilites

Bill Burman wdburman at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 14 14:36:01 EDT 2002

Hello

- A small problem with pulldown menu button hilites which becomes
significant when trying to read the selected menuitems.

Using MC 2.4.3 on Win XP, I am trying to create a pulldown menu button
which hilites the button yellow (on mouseover and mousedown) and the
selected menuitems blue (on mousedown). I have tried setting the button
hiliteColor to yellow

(i.e. set hiliteColor of btn "dx" to 255,255,0)

and the accentColor to blue

(i.e set accentColor to 51,51,153)

along with a wide variety of ink, arm, hilite and other button property
combinations and permutations.

The result is always a yellow hilite of both the button and the selected
menuitems - as shown here:

http://www.hwbf.org/ota/trdemo/trdxa.htm

Somehow, in the past with an older version of MC on Win2K, we were able to
hilite the button yellow and the selected menuitems blue - as shown here:

http://www.hwbf.org/ota/trdemo/trcdxa.htm

but the corresponding script and/or button property changes have been lost.

Any help with this mystery would be most appreciated.

Bill

Bill Burman, MD
HWB Foundation
http://www.hwbf.org