sticky cursors

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 9 19:09:00 EDT 2002

Listers,
Anyone else notice the "sticky" cursors?

When moving from a text field to a button or scrollbar the cursor
remains an I-beam.  I'm not setting the cursor at any point.

I'm running MC 2.4.3 on a G4 in classic (9.2.2)

This should go the bug report in MetaCard, but I can't seem to find the
address at "www.metacard.com" site.

On another small matter: besides its unreadablity, is there any
advantage using:

	put url "file: myGreatStuffPath.txt" into field 1

instead of:

	open file "myGreatStuffPath.txt"
	read file "myGreatStuffPath.txt" until eof
	close file "myGreatStuffPath.txt"

The latter admittedly takes three lines of code, but you can see that
you are READING the data, and not WRITING the data.

Ray

Ray G. Miller
Turtlelips Productions
4009 Everett Ave.