Spell Checker

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Tue Aug 6 10:57:01 EDT 2002

on 8/2/02 6:44 PM, J. Landman Gay at jacque at hyperactivesw.com wrote:

> On 8/2/02 4:38 PM, Ray Horsley wrote:
>
>> I've written a spell checker with all the things one would expect to find.
>> It has just one problem:  I can't highlight a misspelled word while bringing
>> up a second stack as a modal
>
> You could set the backcolor of the text chunk. It looks like hiliting
> but is permanent. I.e.:
>
> set the backcolor of char 1 to 5 of fld 1 to "yellow"

Thanks for the reply Jackie, however, the problem with highlighting the text
(using Metacard's highlighting) is that the instant I bring up another stack
as a modal which lets users determine wether they want to ignore the
misspelled word, change it, etc. the highlighting goes away since I'm
providing a blinking insertion point in the modal.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,  Ray