Spell Checker

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Fri Aug 2 16:36:01 EDT 2002

Hope everyone is having a great summer.

The long of it:
I've written a spell checker with all the things one would expect to find.
It has just one problem:  I can't highlight a misspelled word while bringing
up a second stack as a modal from which the user can change the word, ignore
it, add it to the dictionary, etc.  If I simply select the word, the minute
the second stack is brought up with an insertion point in the "Change To"
field, I loose MetaCard's highlighting of the word.  I'd love to put my own
graphic, most likely a simple rectangle, around it, but I can't get the
rectangular coordinates of the misspelled word.  The closest I've come is to
do a 'find' on the word and get the selectedLoc, but that only gives me the
topLeft corner of Metacard's selection rectangle around the word.  My work
around is to use an arrow for the graphic to point at the misspelled word,
but it would be nice to use a rectangle instead.

The short of it:
Does anybody know how to get the entire rectangular coordinates of the
location of a word in a field?

I'm out of town till next Tuesday so I won't be able to reply (sorry) but
any ideas will sure be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software