Directory listing off server

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 04:29:01 EDT 2002

At 12:25 am -0400 2/8/02, Simon Lord wrote:
>Andu seemed to have this figured out in his FTP sample stack.  But
>I'm trying to stick to libUrl seeing as it's working out for me
>nicely thanks mostly to the help I've been receiving here.
>
>Currently I'm trying to get a listing of filenames in a directory on
>a remote server.  Not having any luck and nothing in libUrl sticks
>out as being the *one* solution.  Anybody have a answer for this one?
>
>Mr. Cragg....?

Good morning, Mr. Lord ... :)

Andu also had this figured out when he made libUrl. For ftp urls,
just use "get url" and provide a url that ends in "/".

put "ftp://ftp.somewhere.com/elsewhere/" into tUrl
get url tUrl

What you get with an http url will depend on the server
configuration. Usually the index.html page if it exists, and possibly
an html-formatted directory listing it doesn't. But not all http
servers return directory listings.

Cheers
Dave